For those who don't know yet, I've finally decided to start using my fee waivers and enrolled in EDUC638 Learning Technology Across The Curriculum. As a part of my coursework, I have to present on the topic of blogs and wikis, and how to use them in education.
I have always felt weird that blogs and wikis are bunched together all the time. In my opinion, they are completely different technologies. My presentation will address that, and go beyond the traditional notion of blogs and wikis to explore other online writing technologies and context.
- Plourde, Mathieu (2008), Wikis in Higher Education, University of Delaware.
- Wikis in Plain English: http://youtu.be/-dnL00TdmLY
- Blogs in Plain English: http://youtu.be/NN2I1pWXjXI
- Use of Blogs in Anu Sivaraman's Marketing Classes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oiW4UoHya4
- Why Christopher Penna Uses Google Docs vs. Wikis for Collaborative Writing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCBd9JE5uwk
Resources Cited in Slides:
- Barton, Matt (2004). Embrace the Wiki Way!, Personal Blog. Retrieved online October 18, 2010. http://www.mattbarton.net/tikiwiki/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=4
- Carvin, Andy (2007), Timeline: The Life of the Blog, NPR. Retrieved online October 18, 2010. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17421022
- Cunningham, Ward (1995), Wiki History. Retrieved online October 18, 2010. http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiHistory
- Grenier, Brian (2007), Wikis in the Classroom, El Paso Independent School District. Retrieved October 26, 2007. http://www.slideshare.net/briangrenier/wikis-in-the-classroom-34105
- Kerner, Sean Michael (2006), Creator of the wiki admits that he considered patenting the concept a decade ago, QuinStreet Inc. Retrieved online October 18, 2010. http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3648131
- Lamb, Bryan (2004), Wide Open Spaces: Wikis, Ready or Not, EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 39, no. 5 (September/October 2004). Pages 36-48.
- McMillan, Karen (2010), Learning to Blog on Paper, personal blog. Retrieved online October 18, 2010. http://www.notesfrommcteach.com/2010/09/learning-to-blog-using-paper.html
- Mott, Jonathan (2010), Envisioning the Post-LMS Era: The Open Learning Network, EDUCAUSE Quarterly, vol. 30, no. 1. Pages 36-48.
- Shirky, Clay (2003). Wikis, Graffiti, and Process, Many-To-Many: Social Software, August 26, 2003. Retrieved online October 18, 2010. http://many.corante.com/20030801.shtml
- Turnbull, Giles (2004). Talking to Ward Cunningham about Wiki, luvly, April 6, 2004. Retrieved online October 18, 2010. http://gorjuss.com/luvly/20040406-wardcunningham.html